- “The swiftest way to triple your success is to double your investment in personal development.” – Robin Sharma
- “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100% all the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird
- “We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
We had 5 Growth, 5 Resource, 15 Initiative, and 3 Transparency chips given out in the month of November. Total of 28 chips – that’s a lot of good vibes!
- We are currently discussing options to bring on a Buying Assistant to help with Merchandising, Quality Drives, and Inventory Tracking. This would allow our current team to spend more time analyzing market data and purchasing relevant inventory.
- Assistant Service Advisor – open to all experience levels
- Sales Person
- Exceptional phone and computer skills
- Shows GRIT!
- Desire to work as a team
- Prior experience a plus
Top 5 Achievements
- Implemented a new technology on the website that is able to auto pre-approve a customer without impacting their credit score.
- Finished building the management tower on the sales floor.v
- Integrated BDC into the front sales area.
- Obtained easement for the service facility; construction is back on track.
- “Critical” repair list has been under 40 cars for 6 weeks! 40 or less is the goal.
- What You Do Is Who You Are (Ben Horowitz)
- ○ What You Do Is Who You Are is a journey through culture, from ancient to modern. Along the way, it answers a question fundamental to any organization: Who are we? How do people talk about us when we’re not around? How do we treat our customers? Are we there for people in a pinch? Can we be trusted?
- The Power of Moments (Chip & Dan Heath)
- Explore why certain brief experiences can jolt us and elevate us and change us—and how we can learn to create such extraordinary moments in our life and work. Why would we leave our most meaningful, memorable moments to chance when we can create them? The Power of Moments shows us how to be the author of richer experiences.
- What the Heck Is EOS? (Gino Wickman & Tom Bouwer)
- An easy and fast read, this book answers the questions many of you have about EOS. After reading this book, you will not only have a better understanding of EOS but you will be more engaged, taking an active role in helping achieve Indy Auto Man’s vision.
- Good Leaders Ask Great Questions (John C. Maxwell)
- What are the questions leaders should ask themselves? What questions should they ask members of their team? This book is a thorough, insightful response to anyone who feels they have plateaued on their journey to develop their ultimate potential.
- Christmas at the Zoo – November 23 – December 30 – have a good time with your family.
- LA Fitness is offering new member discounts – get them before the New Year rush.
- Winterlights at Newfields – book your tickets through January 4.
- Jose & Jake are on fire this month! They are keeping turn time high and quickly reducing aged inventory..
- We are crushing last year’s goals in every metric we have.
Indy Auto Man will be incorporating one new training session every quarter in 2020. We have identified training opportunities on the subjects of Crucial Conversations, Coaching, Diversity, and TeamBuilding. We plan on inviting local, highly-skilled coaches to help everyone grow, and welcome your ideas on future sessions you would find helpful
- Josh Swafford (BDC)
Josh comes to us with years of customer service experience in the veterinary industry, where he was reserving appointments for customers and their pets! We are very excited to have him join our team.
- Kevin Dunn (Sales)
Kevin comes to us directly from working at a machine shop for 9 years! His automotive experience started before that though, when he owned his own “buy here, pay here” for 3.5 years. Welcome aboard!
Behind the Scenes
- Kyle had the opportunity to participate in Slovak Shield 2019 earlier this month. Kyle said: “I, along with 79 other members of 1-152 Cavalry Squadron, deployed to Lest, Slovakia for Slovak Shield 2019, a joint NATO war-fighting exercise involving the United States, Slovak Republic, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, and Portugal. The training was focused on the collective defense of the Slovak Republic from an invasion of a fictional neighbor to its north. I had the opportunity to lead a seven-man team in charge of simulating 1-152 units that were not on the physical battlefield to give our Squadron staff realistic training. It was an awesome training exercise, but I am glad to be back home again. As I like to say, thank you all for paying your taxes, it allows our military to conduct very meaningful and realistic training that is imperative to the mission success of the Armed Forces of the United States of America.”
- Desk are ordered and we are in the final stages of our huge floor plan changes. BDC just painted and reorganized their room. Managers are now sitting with new computers at their new location behind the reception desk.
December Hire Anniversaries
- 3rd – Sean (Service)
- 6th – Matt (Service)
- 14th – Will (Service)
- 7th – Cesar
- 11th – Brian
- 12th – Orlando
I would rather have a root canal than buy a car but I just had the best experience ever with Noe at Indy Auto Man. The car was exactly what we were looking for and the process was painless, start to finish. I didn’t notice until I got home it was missing one of the floor mats. I called Noe and he sent one out right away. I would highly recommend both Indy Auto Man and Noe for your next purchase.